Who We Are
Our culturally diverse team of employees is dynamic, well trained, valued and is a critical component to our success in a highly competitive industry. We believe in having a workforce that represents the beautiful city in which we live and the guests we serve.
Through our recruitment outreach, we share our job openings with a network of local organizations to promote and encourage employment opportunity for women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We also partner with local unions that promote job training and specialized skills for a successful workforce. Collectively, our staff of more than 500 employees represents 19 languages and six skilled trades.
Here are some fun facts:
- The current full-time staff has worked at the San Diego Convention Center for a collective 2,905 years.
- The convention center has never closed since opening. The security team has staffed the facility non-stop for over 219,000 hours.
- In the last 25 years, we have served over 753,984 gallons of coffee, decaf or hot tea to our guests; this is approximately the size of 1¼ Olympic-sized swimming pools.
- The convention center kitchen has the ability to turn out a 14,000 person plated dinner.
- The convention center has welcomed guests and attendees from over 200 countries and self-governing territories.
- The convention center has welcomed nearly 20 million attendees since opening. That is enough people to fill Petco Park over 470 times.